Everything is Game: NBA® 2K21 Now Available Worldwide
Hoops, Music, Clothes, Shoes and Culture – See Why Everything is Game in NBA 2K21 Today for Current-Generation Platforms
New York, NY – September 4, 2020 – Today, 2K is thrilled to announce that NBA® 2K21, the next iteration of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation series of the past 19 years*, is now available on current-generation platforms worldwide. With its release, NBA 2K21 offers one-of-a-kind immersion into all facets of NBA basketball and basketball culture, including exciting improvements upon its best-in-class gameplay, competitive and community online features and deep, varied game modes.
“This may be one of the most unique years for the NBA and basketball gaming ever, and the team at Visual Concepts is proud to bring NBA 2K21 to millions of players around the world,” said Greg Thomas, president at Visual Concepts. “We’re very excited to jump on the sticks and join our community of players today; we can’t wait to see you on the court.”
The current-gen version of NBA 2K21 features several new additions and improvements, where veteran ballers and new players alike will find a variety of basketball experiences to dive into:
- Realer than Ever - With enhancements across its visual presentation, player AI, game modes and much more, NBA 2K21 continues to push the boundaries as the most authentic, realistic basketball video game experience. Feel the energy of the crowd, the intensity of NBA competition, and the entertainment of the most immersive sports product in gaming today;
- Elite Gameplay - Enjoy unparalleled control with the ball in your hands using the advanced Pro Stick. Aim jump shots and layups for a new level of precision and skill, and unlock new signature dribble moves with more effective ball handling;
- Your G.O.A.T. Team - Build your greatest collection of latest NBA stars and legendary ballers in MyTEAM and compete against other ferocious collectors around the world. New for NBA 2K21, limited-time Seasons offer unique rewards as you compete in new and returning MyTEAM modes;
- New MyCAREER Story - Ascend from high school ball to one of 10 officially licensed college programs to the NBA in a brand new, cinematic MyCAREER experience – The Long Shadow. Take your MyPLAYER to the top by making the big moves on the court and even bigger moves off of it, and make a name for yourself along this exciting, dramatic journey;
- New Neighborhood Locale - Soak in the sun as you ball out in 1v1s, 3v3s and 5v5s; the new Neighborhood in NBA 2K21 takes your game beachside with all-new visuals and layout. Flash your skills and style at 2K Beach, squad up in Pro-Am and earn prizes in dynamically updated 2K Compete Events;
- All the Latest Drops and Music - From head to toe, look the part of a baller with all-new apparel and sneaker drops from your favorite clothing, accessory and shoe brands. And ball while taking in the dynamic NBA 2K21 music experience, which features the latest big artists - including two Dame D.O.L.L.A. tracks exclusively debuting in the game - from around the world and breakthrough musicians waiting to be discovered;
- USA Basketball - Relive USA Basketball’s championship legacy. Take the court with classic teams, collect MyTEAM cards featuring past stars and show off your pride with MyPLAYER gear.
Featuring Portland Trail Blazers’ superstar Damian Lillard on the cover, the current-gen version of NBA 2K21 is available for $59.99** on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, Windows PC and Google Stadia. The NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition for current-gen features basketball legend Kobe Bryant on a unique custom cover with his No. 8 jersey and will be available for $99.99**. A full breakdown of each version is available here at https://nba.2k.com/buy/.
Of note, the Mamba Forever Edition includes dual-access to NBA 2K21 for current and next-gen versions of the game on either PlayStation or Xbox consoles, providing purchasers with a copy of the standard edition of the game on the other generation within the same console family. Additionally, NBA 2K21 features MyTEAM Cross-Progression and a Shared VC wallet within the same console family (PS4 to PS5, Xbox One to Xbox Series X), enabling all MyTEAM Points, Tokens, cards and progress to be shared on both current and next-generation versions of NBA 2K21 in the same console family. Similarly, the Shared VC Wallet means any earned or purchased VC is accessible across both current and next-generation versions of NBA 2K21 in the same console family. More information is available at the Dual-Access FAQ: https://nba.2k.com/faq/.
As part of today’s launch, 2K is celebrating all things NBA 2K21 with #2KDay across its social channels. The festivities include physical giveaways and Locker Code drops on Twitter, the “What’s Your 2K21 MyPLAYER Build?” Instagram camera effect and much more. The community is also invited to share their best 2K day moments under #ShowYourGame, where the best content will be highlighted by NBA 2K. Follow NBA 2K on TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook for the latest NBA 2K21 news.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K21 is rated E for Everyone from the ESRB. NBA 2K21 for PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X is Rating Pending from the ESRB and will be available as a launch title this holiday. For more information on NBA 2K21, please visit https://nba.2k.com/.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. We develop and publish products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Social Point. Our products are designed for console systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes global interactive entertainment for console and handheld gaming systems, personal computers and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games, 31st Union and Cloud Chamber. 2K’s portfolio currently includes the renowned BioShock®, Borderlands™, Mafia and XCOM® franchises; NBA® 2K, the global phenomenon and highest rated** annual sports title for the current console generation; the critically acclaimed Sid Meier’s Civilization® series; the popular WWE® 2K and WWE® SuperCard franchises, as well as emerging properties NBA® 2K Playgrounds 2, Carnival Games and more. Additional information about 2K and its products may be found at 2k.com.
*According to 2008 - 2020 Metacritic.com
**Based on 2K’s suggested retail price. Actual retail price by vary. See local store for info.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," “should,” "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: the uncertainty of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and measures taken in response thereto; the effect that measures taken to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic have on our operations, including our ability to timely deliver our titles and other products, and on the operations of our counterparties, including retailers and distributors; the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on consumer demand and the discretionary spending patterns of our customers; the impact of reductions in interest rates by the Federal Reserve and other central banks, including on our short-term investment portfolio; the impact of potential inflation; volatility in foreign currency exchange rates; our dependence on key management and product development personnel; our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles; the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games; the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games; and risks associated with international operations.
Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, including the risks summarized in the section entitled "Risk Factors," the Company’s most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
# # #
Senior Account Executive