New York, NY – October 5, 2018 – 2K today announced that WWE® 2K19, the newest addition to the flagship WWE video game franchise, is now available worldwide to Early Access customers for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC. Delivering a unique mix of authenticity, storytelling and fun, WWE 2K19 showcases a massive roster of popular WWE, NXT and 205 Superstars, as well as WWE Legends and Hall of Famers, engaging WWE gameplay across a variety of match types and options, extensive creation capabilities, fan-favorite modes and much more.
“With a ‘Never Say Never’ campaign tagline, we wanted to push the boundaries of game development for WWE 2K19 but also bring innovative storytelling and genuine fun back to the forefront of everything we offer our passionate fans,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “We’re thrilled to offer our largest roster to date; the return of 2K Showcase featuring WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan; the debut of WWE Towers and fun match settings like Big Head and Block Body; a wide variety of gameplay additions and improvements; as well as best-in-class creation tools and a brand new MyCAREER narrative. There’s truly something for everyone in WWE 2K19.”
WWE 2K19 feature highlights include:
- Gameplay Improvements & Match Types: Featuring numerous gameplay improvements, WWE 2K19 includes a revamped striking system, improved AI and introduction of the Payback System, a multi-tiered and defensive-based gameplay mechanic used to help turn match momentum and add to in-ring drama. In addition, the game’s frame rate, overall responsiveness and animations are vastly improved and tighten up the in-ring action. WWE 2K19 also introduces five-person match type variations, a re-envisioned Hell in a Cell match and major improvements to both Steel Cage and Money in the Bank matches;
- Renewed Focus on Fun: More responsive gameplay, faster action, dynamic momentum swings, new moves and game modes – combined with deeper storytelling, plot twists and turns, alternate universes and much more – make for the most engaging WWE 2K game in years. In addition, two significant gameplay enhancements – Big Head and Block Body – add a whole new dimension and fun to the franchise;
- WWE 2K19 Million Dollar Challenge*: In a contest sponsored by 2K, consumers can participate on the PS4™ system or Xbox One through four steps:
- Beat the AJ Styles Million Dollar Tower in the game;
- Submit a winning promotional video showing why they will beat AJ Styles in WWE 2K19;
- Make it to the semifinal round of competition and beat the other semifinalists;
- Compete one-on-one against AJ Styles in WWE 2K19 and defeat him to win one million dollars;
- For Official Rules, go to 2k.com/milliondollarchallenge/rules;
- Showcase Mode – The Return of Daniel Bryan: Relive the incredible journey of WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan – from his career-defining moment in the main event of WrestleMania 30 to his heartbreaking retirement to his triumphant return in 2018 – all told through personal vignettes. “The Return of Daniel Bryan” features 11 historical matches, story-driven cut scenes and multiple unlockable characters and arenas from throughout his WWE career;
- Massive Playable Roster: Offering more than 200 playable characters, the WWE 2K19 roster is the biggest yet and loaded with WWE, NXT and 205 Live Superstars, as well as WWE Legends and Hall of Famers. Players can compete with current WWE Superstars such as AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, Braun Strowman or Shinsuke Nakamura; rising NXT stars like Aleister Black, Johnny Gargano, Velveteen Dream and Undisputed Era; as well as WWE Legends like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, André the Giant and more;
- “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey and Rey Mysterio: Consumers who pre-ordered WWE 2K19 or who purchase the Deluxe Edition at any participating retailer received playable characters of WWE Raw Women’s Champion “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey and former WWE Champion Rey Mysterio at no extra cost:
- Ronda Rousey: WrestleMania 34/Roddy Piper-inspired character;
- Rey Mysterio: Royal Rumble 2018 character;
- MyCAREER: For the first time in WWE 2K history, MyCAREER mirrors the path of many current WWE Superstars by starting a created MyPLAYER on the independent wrestling scene and trying to make it to WWE. This year’s fully revamped experience features more than 1,000 lines of voiceover from 26 different WWE Superstars and across 200 cut scenes. In addition, the mode delivers approximately 12 hours of playing time, including brand new environments and arenas that bring another layer of authenticity to the mode;
- New Mode – WWE Towers: Take a WWE Superstar or created MyPLAYER into one of 20 different towers, each with a unique gauntlet of matches that boasts different challenges, match stipulations and player modifications;
- Creation Suite: Containing many new additions and improvements, the WWE 2K19 Creation Suite includes the new ability to design custom Money in the Bank briefcases, as well as changes in Create-a-Superstar, Create-an-Arena, Create-a-Championship and more;
- Universe Mode: The mode continues its expansion on previous years, including improvements to the Championship system, where the number of championship slots per show has increased from four to six; the addition of Superstar Save Profiles; support for both Managers and Custom Matches; and new promo animations. In addition, players can now assign Money in the Bank matches to show schedules or create their own custom Money in the Bank scenarios;
- Soundtrack: Executive produced and personally curated by several WWE Superstars as a special gift to the WWE Universe, WWE 2K19’s soundtrack features 12 unique songs across hip-hop, hard rock, heavy metal and alternative/indie rock that represent many of the Superstars’ favorites when preparing for a match, on the road, in the gym or relaxing at home, including:
- AWOLNATION – “Passion”;
- Selected by WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan;
- Bullet for My Valentine – “Skin”;
- Selected by WWE Superstar The Miz;
- Eminem – “Survival”;
- Selected by WWE 2K19 cover Superstar AJ Styles;
- Fall Out Boy – “Champion”;
- Selected by WWE Superstar Alexa Bliss;
- Metallica – “Spit Out the Bone”;
- Selected by WWE Superstar Triple H;
- Migos – “Work Hard”;
- Selected by WWE Superstar Samoa Joe;
- Offset and Metro Boomin – “Ric Flair Drip”;
- Selected by WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair and WWE Superstar Charlotte Flair;
- Post Malone feat. 21 Savage – “rockstar";
- Selected by WWE Superstar Elias;
- Rancid – “The 11th Hour”;
- Selected by WWE Superstar Sami Zayn;
- Shinedown – “DEVIL”;
- Selected by WWE Superstar Baron Corbin;
- Slipknot – “Override”;
- Selected by WWE Superstar Seth Rollins;
- Wale – “Ungrateful & Thankful”;
- Selected by WWE Superstars The New Day.
- AWOLNATION – “Passion”;
- Downloadable Content: WWE 2K19 downloadable content offerings are scheduled to include the following items and be available for purchase on the PlayStation™Network for the PS4™ system, Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One and Steam for Windows PC:
- Players will gain access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC Purchasable section (excluding downloadable content);
- Players can also decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product;
- The Accelerator will be available for $4.99;
- MyPLAYER KickStart
- Players will gain access to unlock and boost MyPlayer ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCAREER mode;
- Players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCAREER;
- MyPLAYER KickStart will be available for $9.99;
- New Moves Pack
- Explore more than 50 in-game moves, including the Atomic Drop into Double Leg Combo (made popular by WWE Superstar Jeff Hardy); the Exploder vs. Opponent on the Apron (made popular by NXT Superstar Tyler Bate); the Slingshot X-Factor (made popular by 205 Live Superstar Mustafa Ali); and the Assisted Twist of Fate, Avalanche Splash & Side Effect Combo and the Senton & Leg Drop Combo (made popular by WWE Superstars Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt);
- The New Moves Pack will be available for $3.99;
- Rising Stars Pack
- Playable WWE, NXT and 205 Live Superstars: Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai, Lacey Evans, Lio Rush, Maria Kanellis, Mike Kanellis and Ricochet;
- The Rising Stars Pack will be available for $9.99;
- Titans Pack
- Playable WWE and NXT Superstars: Bobby Lashley, EC3 and War Raiders (Rowe and Hanson);
- The Titans Pack will be available for $9.99;
- Season Pass**: Players may purchase select WWE 2K19 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For $29.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
- MyPlayer KickStart;
- New Moves Pack;
- Rising Stars Pack;
- Titans Pack.
Developed collaboratively by Yuke’s and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K19 is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. WWE 2K19 is available now worldwide to Early Access customers for the PS4™ system, Xbox One and Windows PC, with the standard worldwide on-sale for all three platforms beginning October 9, 2018. For more information on WWE 2K19 and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtags #WWE2K19 and #NeverSayNever or subscribe on YouTube. For more information on the WWE 2K19 Million Dollar Challenge, please visit wwe.2k.com/milliondollarchallenge/rules.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
* Open to legal residents of the 50 United States & D.C. (excluding AZ, CT, MD, and ND), Australia, Belgium, Canada (excluding Quebec), France, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Singapore, Spain & Switzerland, who are at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in their state/country/province of residence. WWE 2K19 game and Internet connection are required. Game must be played on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. Void in AZ, CT, MD, ND, Quebec and where prohibited. Entry begins 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time on October 9, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on January 31, 2019. Subject to the Official Rules, which will be posted at wwe.2k.com/milliondollarchallenge/rules. Sponsored by 2K Games, Inc. (“2K”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato, CA 94949, USA. Grand Prize Tournament is expected to take place in NYC on or about April 7, 2019, result will be announced same day. THE ONE MILLION DOLLAR GRAND PRIZE (MINUS APPLICABLE TAXES) WILL ONLY BE AWARDED IF, AND ONLY IF, THE CONTEST WINNER BEATS AJ STYLES IN THE GRAND PRIZE TOURNAMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES.
** PlayStation™Network, Xbox Live or Steam account and Internet connection required. Copy of WWE 2K19 required to play.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE’s TV-PG, family-friendly can be seen in more than 800 million homes worldwide in 25 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 180 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Trademarks: All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Forward-Looking Statements: This press release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks relating to: WWE Network; major distribution agreements; our need to continue to develop creative and entertaining programs and events; a decline in the popularity of our brand of sports entertainment; the continued importance of key performers and the services of Vincent K. McMahon; possible adverse changes in the regulatory atmosphere and related private sector initiatives; the highly competitive, rapidly changing and increasingly fragmented nature of the markets in which we operate and greater financial resources or marketplace presence of many of our competitors; uncertainties associated with international markets; our difficulty or inability to promote and conduct our live events and/or other businesses if we do not comply with applicable regulations; our dependence on our intellectual property rights, our need to protect those rights, and the risks of our infringement of others’ intellectual property rights; the complexity of our rights agreements across distribution mechanisms and geographical areas; potential substantial liability in the event of accidents or injuries occurring during our physically demanding events including, without limitation, claims relating to CTE; large public events as well as travel to and from such events; our feature film business; our expansion into new or complementary businesses and/or strategic investments; our computer systems and online operations; a possible decline in general economic conditions and disruption in financial markets; our accounts receivable; our revolving credit facility; litigation; our potential failure to meet market expectations for our financial performance, which could adversely affect our stock; Vincent K. McMahon exercising control over our affairs, and his interests may conflict with the holders of our Class A common stock; a substantial number of shares which are eligible for sale by the McMahons and the sale, or the perception of possible sales, of those shares could lower our stock price; and the relatively small public “float” of our Class A common stock. In addition, our dividend is dependent on a number of factors, including, among other things, our liquidity and cash flow, strategic plan (including alternative uses of capital), our financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends (including under our revolving credit facility), general economic and competitive conditions and such other factors as our Board of Directors may consider relevant. Forward-looking statements made by the Company speak only as of the date made, are subject to change without any obligation on the part of the Company to update or revise them, and undue reliance should not be placed on these statements.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through its wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, as well as its Private Division label and Social Point, a leading developer of mobile games. Our products are designed for console systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™, Mafia, and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, Evolve™, Battleborn®, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the highest rated* annual sports title of this console generation.
*According to 2008 - 2018 Metacritic.com
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," “should,” "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, including the risks summarized in the section entitled "Risk Factors," the Company’s most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at http://www.take2games.com/. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
# # #