PGA TOUR® 2K23 Now Available Worldwide, Bringing Players “More Golf. More Game.”
Featuring iconic cover athlete and Executive Director Tiger Woods, players everywhere can tee off with authentic playable pros, courses, gear and Topgolf Mode
New York, NY – October 14, 2022 – Today, 2K announced PGA TOUR® 2K23, the latest entry in the golf simulation video game franchise from HB Studios, is now available worldwide on PlayStation®5 (PS5™), PlayStation®4 (PS4™), Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC via Steam. Featuring PGA TOUR icon and all-time sports great Tiger Woods as cover athlete, PGA TOUR 2K23 celebrates Woods’ legacy by introducing him as both a playable in-game pro and an Executive Director advising the game’s development team.
“As we launch this next evolution of the franchise, there’s been no better partner to work with for PGA TOUR 2K23 than our legendary cover athlete Tiger Woods,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Global Marketing Strategy at 2K. “Throughout his career, Tiger has changed the culture of golf in terms of representation, fashion, prestige and attitude. Those are all qualities espoused by PGA TOUR 2K23, and the franchise as a whole.”
“We’re very thankful for the supportive and passionate PGA TOUR 2K community,” said Josh Muise, Creative Director for HB Studios. “Their love of the game, feedback and hard work put into our Course Designer have really helped shape PGA TOUR 2K23 for the better and we’re proud to share the game with them today and for years to come.”
PGA TOUR 2K23 features several new additions and improvements sure to delight franchise veterans, dedicated PGA TOUR fans and casual golfers alike:
- Control the Pros – Woods leads a roster of more than 14 male and female playable pros at launch*, including Justin Thomas, Xander Schauffele, Lexi Thompson, Tony Finau, Lydia Ko, Collin Morikawa, Will Zalatoris, Brooke Henderson, Jon Rahm, Justin Rose, Rickie Fowler, and more. Players can step into the tee box as one of the pros in Exhibition, multiplayer and Divot Derby play, or go head-to-head with them in PGA TOUR MyCAREER mode. In addition to the pros, the broadcast-style presentation and commentary team also return, with the addition of English golf pro and broadcaster Henni Koyack.
- Earn PGA TOUR Pro Status – A spot atop the leaderboard awaits amateurs and pros alike in MyCAREER. Players can create a custom MyPLAYER, start out in Q-School, earn a spot on the Korn Ferry Tour and work their way up to PGA TOUR pro status, taking on the roster of pros on some of the most challenging and popular courses in pursuit of FedExCup glory. There’s also the option to skip right to PGA TOUR pro status.
- Celebrity Shot! – NBA icons and avid golf aficionados Michael Jordan and Steph Curry are available at launch to bring their skills from the hardwood to the fairway. Jordan is available as part of the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, while Curry is available as free bonus content for all players on all platforms**.
- Tee Off with Topgolf Mode – The introduction of Topgolf Mode offers a unique single or multiplayer party experience emulating the popular golf entertainment phenomenon, where players can aim for targets and try to earn the highest score.
- Play Your Way – MyPLAYER customization is deeper than ever, with new player archetypes and skill trees. Players choose the style that works best for them, from a long-driving power hitter to a short game expert. Custom club fitting allows a further degree of personalization, allowing for unique but balanced combinations of club attributes. New optional, consumable golf balls offer a boost to certain attributes but are balanced to incur a penalty in others, while players can also opt to use an unlimited number of default balls without unique attributes. In addition to the returning analog stick swing, a three-click swing option is also available for an added level of customization so players can play the way they like.
- Swing With Swag – MyPLAYER personalization returns, and players can equip their MyPLAYERS just like Tiger with Nike Golf, TaylorMade and Bridgestone Golf apparel and gear. Even more apparel options are available from licensed brands, including adidas, Callaway Golf, FootJoy, Malbon Golf, Nike Golf, PUMA, Titleist, TravisMathew and more***. Clubs and balls from brands including Bridgestone Golf, Callaway Golf, COBRA, Mizuno, Odyssey Golf, PING, Scotty Cameron, TaylorMade, Titleist and Wilson are available to deck out players’ golf bags.
- Enjoy True-to-Life Courses or Test Your Creativity – Players can experience 20 licensed courses at launch. New additions include the South Course of Wilmington Country Club, The Renaissance Club, St. George’s Golf and Country Club and more. Pebble Beach Golf Club, Spyglass Hill, Torrey Pines North and South Courses, and more will be available as free bonus content after launch on all platforms. The industry-leading Course Designer also returns, offering players the opportunity to build their dream courses and share them with a global online community****.
- Embodying the Lifestyle – Culturally relevant partners including the largest and most influential digital sports, entertainment and lifestyle multimedia brand Barstool Sports, trick shot video megastars Dude Perfect, and premium lifestyle brand and gaming organization 100 Thieves will be represented in PGA TOUR 2K23 post launch bonus content.
- ‘Tis the Season – The new Seasons live services model ensures players can swing with swag for months to come, offering new gear and goals to achieve. Season 1 features apparel from Black Quail and Hugo Boss.
- See You in the Clubhouse –PGA TOUR 2K23 will also feature the return of Clubhouse Pass, including new gear and apparel rewards from Malbon and TaylorMade. Clubhouse Pass will be available in three tiers: Clubhouse Pass (free), which allows players to unlock free rewards at certain intervals, Clubhouse Pass Premium ($9.99/season), which allows players to earn rewards for every level, and Clubhouse Pass Premium Plus ($19.99/season), which allows players to skip the first 20 levels and receive those rewards.
- Train for the TOUR – Training mode offers multiple ways to develop skills, including swing calibration, lessons, chipping practice, a driving range and a putting green. Tutorials throughout help rookies get into the game, while giving seasoned players reminders and opportunities to work on their skills.
- Have a Tee Party – Online multiplayer features also return for PGA TOUR 2K23*****. Online Societies encourage players to compete with friends for custom tournaments and full seasons, with unique rules and entry stipulations.
“The PGA TOUR is excited for the launch of PGA TOUR 2K23, featuring Tiger Woods, Steph Curry, Michael Jordan and many of the top players on the PGA TOUR,” said Len Brown, PGA TOUR Chief Legal Officer and Executive Vice President, Licensing. “We’re delighted that fans playing the game will be able to experience the PGA TOUR season from our players’ perspective and ultimately compete for the FedExCup.”
PGA TOUR 2K23 is available in multiple editions, each with unique cover art depicting painted portraits of Tiger Woods:
PGA TOUR 2K23 Standard Edition:
- Physical and digital versions for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles, as well as the digital-only version for PC, include the base game;
- Players who purchase the Standard Edition of the game for PS5 (digital version only) or Xbox Series X|S (physical or digital version) consoles which includes cross-generation dual entitlement will also receive the Golden Club Pack for the game on PS4 or Xbox One, respectively******.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Deluxe Edition:
- For PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles, includes the base game with cross-generation dual-entitlement, as well as the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, Golden Club Pack, and Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack;
- The Golden Club Pack includes a Golden Putter, Golden Driver, and four Uncommon consumable golf ball sleeves;
- The Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack includes 1300 VC (Virtual Currency), a hockey stick putter, gold baseball cap, gold glove, and three Rare consumable golf ball sleeves;
- For PC, includes the base game, as well as the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, Golden Club Pack, and Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition (available in digital format only):
- Includes all the contents of the Standard and Deluxe Edition for the purchased platform;
- Includes the Tiger Woods Edition Bonus Pack – which includes a Tiger Woods TaylorMade wedge set, Nike TW Golf tee shirt, and three Epic consumable golf ball sleeves – plus the Tiger Woods Signature Sunday Pack, which includes a red polo, black pants, black hat, Nike TW Golf shoes, Nike TW Golf belt, and Bridgestone Golf TOUR B XS, Tiger Edition Golf Ball.
PGA TOUR 2K23 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more information on PGA TOUR 2K23 and 2K, visit https://pgatour.2k.com/2k23/, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #PGATOUR2K23 or subscribe on YouTube.
*Additional pros and courses will be added as free post-launch bonus content and be available to all players.
**Michael Jordan is only available at launch as part of the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, which is included with PGA TOUR 2K23 Deluxe Edition and PGA TOUR 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition (digital only). Steph Curry is available to all players on all platforms as a free download. PGA TOUR 2K23 required to play content. Terms apply.
***Some cosmetic items and consumables may require unlocking with virtual currency (earned or paid) or via gameplay.
****Online Account (13+) required to access online features. See www.take2games.com/legal and www.take2games.com/privacy for additional details.
*****Multiplayer modes can only be played with the same console or across generations within the same console family (PS4 to PS5; Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S).
******Available for PlayStation and Xbox consoles on the same account within the same console family (PS4 to PS5; Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S). PS4 (Physical): PS4 disc and PS5 console with disc drive required to play PS5 version.
HB Studios is a 2K studio. 2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment for video game consoles, personal computers, and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games, 31st Union, Cloud Chamber and HB Studios. 2K’s portfolio currently includes several AAA, sports and entertainment brands, including global powerhouse NBA®️ 2K; renowned BioShock®️, Borderlands®️, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization®️ and XCOM®️ brands; popular WWE®️ 2K and WWE®️ SuperCard franchises; as well as the critically and commercially acclaimed PGA TOUR®️ 2K. Additional information about 2K and its products may be found at 2K.com and on the Company’s official social media channels.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Zynga. Our products are currently designed for console gaming systems, PC, and Mobile including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," “should,” "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: risks relating to our combination with Zynga; the uncertainty of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and measures taken in response thereto; the effect that measures taken to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic have on our operations, including our ability to timely deliver our titles and other products, and on the operations of our counterparties, including retailers and distributors; the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on both consumer demand and the discretionary spending patterns of our customers as the situation with the pandemic continues to evolve; the risks of conducting business internationally; the impact of changes in interest rates by the Federal Reserve and other central banks, including on our short-term investment portfolio; the impact of inflation; volatility in foreign currency exchange rates; our dependence on key management and product development personnel; our dependence on our NBA 2K and Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles; our ability to leverage opportunities on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S; the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games; the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games; and risks associated with international operations.
Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, including the risks summarized in the section entitled "Risk Factors," the Company’s most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
# # #