The W is Set for Expansion in NBA® 2K23 For PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S Consoles
WNBA mode shines brighter than ever with all-new Community Goals, playable All-Star game, Commissioner’s Cup, and more
2K today unveiled new features and updates coming to The W* in NBA® 2K23 for PlayStation® 5 (PS5™) and Xbox Series X|S players. The W will introduce new ways to control how the league expands, community challenges, and more all-new content.
“The WNBA is quickly growing and evolving, and we are ensuring that we also expand the breadth and scope of The W mode to bring fans of the WNBA more ways to experience it,” said Felicia Steenhouse, Senior Producer at Visual Concepts. “This year The W provides an even more authentic WNBA experience that players can enjoy, from choosing how to expand the league to leading the community to new heights.”
The W mode adds a number of new features, including:
- Community Goals: Every Season will feature six weekly goals the community can work together to reach. If the community is able to reach the collective goal in four out of the six weeks in that Season, every NBA 2K23 player will receive a reward**;
- League Expansion: Progressing in The W to the maximum level 10 in League Popularity will unlock two Expansion Team slots. From here, players control how the league expands. Pick the city, build the arena, create the logo, and design the uniforms.
- The W Rewards: New content and epic rewards, including WNBA Jerseys, Logo, and Coach MyTEAM cards, can be exclusively found in the W Online. Players can flaunt their jerseys, brand new historic gear, and more in both The W and The City;
- Game Changers: Players who dedicate an immense amount of time and effort to achieve the community goal will earn Game Changer status. Game Changers will be granted exclusive access to rewards such as Team Takeover Boosts and will have the ability to imbue other players in The W Online with Player Boosts;
- Contact Challenges: As players progress through the mode and gain contacts, they will be issued challenges.These challenges will have players circling certain games on the calendar, teaming up with new players in Contact Workouts, aiming for season-long stat goals, and stretching their game in new ways;
- All Star & Commissioner’s Cup: For the first time in The W, players will have the opportunity to make the All-Star team and participate in the All-Star game, as well as the Commissioner’s Cup;
For full details on the new updates coming to The W in NBA 2K23 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles, check out the latest Courtside Report. Stay tuned for additional deep dives in the coming weeks to reveal even more of what’s new in NBA 2K23.
NBA 2K23 is currently scheduled for release on September 9 for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC platforms. For more information, please visit the NBA 2K23 official website.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K23 is rated E for Everyone from the ESRB.
Visual Concepts is a 2K studio. 2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
* The City and The W will only be available on the new-generation of NBA 2K23 and will require PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S hardware to play.