MyCAREER and The City Return in NBA® 2K24 with All-New Features for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S Consoles
Check out the all-new MyCAREER quest for greatness and the stunningly picturesque beachfront courts in The City
2K today unveiled new upgrades coming to MyCAREER for all NBA 2K24 players and to The City* for PlayStation® 5 (PS5™) and Xbox Series X|S. The City for New Gen welcomes players back with all-new beachfront courts and a streetball side quest while MyCAREER focuses on the single goal of becoming the greatest of all time.
“MyCAREER in NBA 2K24 is streamlined to give greater focus on what matters most - proving yourself on the court,” said Erick Boenisch, VP of NBA Development at Visual Concepts. “Meanwhile, players will find themselves transported to a brand-new beachfront location in The City providing an opportunity to immerse themselves in a vibrant basketball culture and carve out their own unique legacy.”
Both MyCAREER and The City have a variety of new features and improvements this year, including:
- Key Games Feature: MyCAREER introduces a new 'key games' feature, allowing players to play the most important games based on the matchup, rival teams, and milestone achievements.
- New Story: Begin your NBA journey by stepping into the limelight as the most anticipated prospect in the last 20 years. Chase on-court accomplishments such as Rookie of the Year, meet with the NBPA to learn from NBPA Player President CJ McCollum and Executive Director Tamika Tremaglio, and climb from the GOT NEXT Tier to the GOAT Tier.
- All-New Beachfront Location*: Explore the brand-new City on New Gen, offering vibrant and sun-soaked beachfront views during the day and an electrifying and vivid atmosphere as the night falls. Wander through its streets and encounter new buildings, water-front courts, and Affiliations, along with a captivating Kobe Court for a more competitive environment.
- Starting 5*: Starting 5 is an online, 1v1, head-to-head mode on New Gen where players can challenge each other as they choose a team and slot their MyPLAYER into the starting lineup alongside some of the NBA’s biggest names.
- Streetball Side Quest*: With three courts throughout The City, the Streetball side quest is an exciting single-player experience for New Gen. Challenge bosses and tough teams in a rowdy and energetic environment featuring an MC, DJ and lively crowds. Streetball has its own progression system, with the chance to earn a Takeover perk, and offers a unique style of competition.
- Rep Your Affiliation*: This year two Affiliations, RISE and ELITE, will be pitted against each other. Each Season, members of RISE and ELITE will fight to lift their Affiliation to victory, with the winning side reaping new prizes. REP is back in NBA 2K24 - players start as a humble rookie looking to prove themselves and earn REP by playing in games. Achieve and maintain a coveted spot in the Top 10 to earn a special logo and rewards only available to the 10 players with the most REP.
Seasons will also make a return in NBA 2K24, including a fresh set of rewards available to earn every six weeks. More information on what's coming for Season 1 will be revealed at launch.
For full details on the new updates coming to MyCAREER and The City in NBA 2K24 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles, check out the latest Courtside Report.
NBA 2K24 is currently scheduled for release on September 8 for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC platforms. For more information, please visit the NBA 2K24 official website.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K24 is rated E for Everyone from the ESRB.
Visual Concepts is a 2K studio. 2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
* The City will only be available on the new-generation of NBA 2K24 on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S.