New York, NY – August 29, 2017– 2K and Firaxis Games announced today that XCOM® 2: War of the Chosen, the expanded experience to the 2016 award-winning strategy title, is now available for Windows PC.
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen takes the incredible experience of XCOM 2 and provides players with all new features and allies to combat ADVENT, who have deployed three deadly new aliens called the “Chosen.” To aid XCOM in its fight to liberate Earth, players will have access to three new resistance factions, each with their own unique Hero class, in addition to new weapons, a new propaganda center and options to grow the bonds between soldiers.
“With XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Firaxis has developed a series-defining expansion to the aware-winning XCOM franchise,” said Matt Gorman, VP of Marketing at 2K. “With a multitude of gameplay advances developed for this expansion, Firaxis Games have continued to redefine XCOM 2’s endlessly replayable campaign.”
“XCOM 2: War of the Chosen will challenge ironman veterans while offering newcomers to the series a perfect, accessible jumping-on point for a definitive XCOM experience. The new narrative features, enemies and allies all offer players opportunities to delve deeper into XCOM’s lore while honing their tactical skills, so we can’t wait for fans to get their hands on this expansion.” added Jake Solomon, creative director of XCOM 2 at Firaxis Games.
Key features for XCOM 2: War of the Chosen include:
- New Factions & Hero Classes: Three additional factions represent pockets of resistance to the ADVENT – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class can be recruited to stand with XCOM.
- The Reapers are infiltration specialist and stealth marksmen living on the fringe of society. Reapers utilize a powerful weapon called the Vektor rifle as well as a special Claymore explosive - a targetable incendiary device that, when placed and activated, does not cause the Reaper to break Concealment.
- The Skirmishers were Former ADVENT soldiers who have chosen to rebel against their masters. The Skirmisher is an offensive powerhouse, capable of dealing with threats running the gamut from up close to afar, armed with a grappling hook to help close distance and a wrist mounted Ripjack capable of piercing the enemy with deadly force.
- The Templars are a reclusive, monastic group of soldiers that has dedicated themselves to pushing their minds and bodies with psionic energy to the brink of humanity, honing their psionic energy with religious fervor into powerful weapons.
- The Chosen: These powerful adversaries are unique ADVENT enemies tasked by the Elders to recapture the Commander at all costs. Masters of asymmetrical warfare, the Chosen will kidnap, interrogate and ultimately kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations; The Chosen include:
- The Hunter stalks its prey from across the map: tracking, wounding and disabling XCOM units at range.
- The Warlock utilizes a variety of psionic abilities to sow destruction on the battlefield.
- The Assassin is a stealth-based melee unit who prefers to fight at close range, preying upon XCOM units with her katana.
- New Alien and Advent Threats: Adopt new tactics alongside the new faction allies to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, the psionically charged ADVENT Priest; as well as the creeping swarms of The Lost.
- New Propaganda Center: Immortalize your soldiers during their trials by creating customizable war-and-meme-worthy posters that are both sharable and can also be found while in-game.
- New Environments and Mission Objectives: Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions;
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger;
- Greater Customization & Replayability: Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge;
- Challenge Mode: New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
XCOM 2 is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and available for PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One and Windows PC. XCOM 2 is also available for Mac and Linux by Feral Interactive. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is available now for Windows PC, will be available on September 12, 2017 for PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, and will be available for Mac and Linux by Feral Interactive at a later date. For more information, please visit www.XCOM.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter or subscribe to XCOM on YouTube.
For more information on the Mac and Linux version, Please visit http://www.feralinteractive.com, find Feral Interactive on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/feralgames or Facebook http://www.facebook.com/feralinteractive.
Firaxis Games is a 2K studio. 2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K. Our products are designed for console systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™, Mafia, and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, Evolve™, Battleborn®, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the highest rated* annual sports title of this console generation.
*According to 2008 - 2017 Metacritic.com
About Firaxis Games
Firaxis Games™ is one of the world’s premier game development studios, and home of legendary designer Sid Meier. Firaxis has developed some of the most successful and award-winning PC and video games on the market today, including the award-winning Sid Meier’s Civilization® series, featuring the recently released Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, for Windows PC, Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth™ for Windows PC, the expansion pack Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth – Rising Tide for Windows PC, Sid Meier’s Civilization V for Windows PC, as well as the critically acclaimed expansion packs, Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World and Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods and Kings for Windows PC. Firaxis also released the 2012 Game of the Year award-winning XCOM®: Enemy Unknown for Windows PC, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Apple iOS, along with the critically acclaimed expansion pack XCOM: Enemy Within for Windows PC, the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation3 computer entertainment system, and Apple iOS. Firaxis Games is owned by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., and is part of its 2K publishing label. For more information about Firaxis and its games can be found at www.firaxis.com.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," “should,” "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, including the risks summarized in the section entitled "Risk Factors," the Company’s most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
# # #